- Start cooking something in the onion family. Pictured: chives.
- Strain 1 dozen shucked oysters to separate meat from juice (liquor).
- Add oyster meat to onions.
- Cook until the edges of the oysters start to ruffle.
- Add oyster liquor and 2 cups of milk and/or cream. Cook until broth steams but does not boil. Seasonings (very optional and often unnecessary) can include salt, pepper, smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, and celery salt.
See also my traditional oyster stew recipe.
[shareaholic app="share_buttons" id="242634"] [shareaholic app="recommendations" id="14114887"]
STANDARD FTC DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Please note that I only ever endorse products that are in alignment with my ideals and that I believe would be of value to my readers.