I’ve been posting on social media lately, raving about my homemade egg nog.
This also became a short blog post: Add egg nog to everything!
Then, my inspired chai-spice egg nog made it to Instagram:
So, here’s the recipe!
- 6 farm-fresh eggs—literally farm-fresh eggs, not just eggs you buy in a store labelled Farm Fresh(TM). You will be consuming these eggs raw, so for me that means trusting where they come from.
- 3 cups raw milk—it doesn't have to be raw, but that is ideal! 🙂
- 1/4 cup natural sweetener of your choice—I like coconut palm sure or grade B maple syrup the best! Local raw honey is also great, and probably the best option, but if it's too gritty (like mine), it may not blend well.
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract—or 1-1/2 t vanilla bean powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- Put all ingredients in blender.
- Blend. ALL DONE!
Store in the fridge. Shake heartily before serving, as seasonings may settle, plus it's nice when it's frothy. Best served chilled. Optional: A dash of freshly-grated nutmeg on top.
Here are some other amazing, real food egg nog recipes I recommend:
- Homemade Eggnog (Holistic Squid)
- Homemade Eggnog Recipe (Mommypotamus)
- Primal Egg Nog (Mark’s Daily Apple)
- Egg Nog Three Ways (Paleo Parents)
- Vegan Eggnog (Tasty Yummies)
- Chai Egg Nog (The Nourishing Gourmet)
Other things to do with egg nog:
[shareaholic app="share_buttons" id="242634"] [shareaholic app="recommendations" id="14114887"]
STANDARD FTC DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Please note that I only ever endorse products that are in alignment with my ideals and that I believe would be of value to my readers.