Many of my real-food-blogging comrades have written more about eggs than could fit in a crowded factory chicken farm (from which we do not recommend buying eggs). Here’s a lot of information on, recipes for, and pretty pictures of eggs.
Egg-ucation (sorry, I couldn’t help it)
All About Good Healthy Eggs – getting all the good nutrients an egg has to offer means finding the best possible source
Are Raw Egg Yolks Safe for Babies? (Short answer: Yes. Long answer: Read the post.)
Not all eggs are created equal
Pastured Eggs Need No Improvement – a great critique on the so-called “improvements” of the eggs of confined, GM-grain-fed, hormone- and antibiotic-ridden, factory chickens.
Are Organic Eggs a Scam? – “even certified organic eggs can come from hens living in inhumane, factory conditions,” in other words: “certification schmertification”
How to Buy Eggs – decoding labels such as free-range, cage-free, and vegetarian-fed
Recipes, or: what CAN’T you do with eggs?
• How to Make a Perfect Hard Boiled Egg
• Roasted Eggs
• Paleo Baked Eggs with Nutritional Yeast
• Bacon and Leek Egg Bake
• Veggie Scrambled Eggs – 6 Ways
• Vegetable Hash with Eggs
• Hollandaise Sauce and how to poach an egg
• Soup for Breakfast (a different way to start your day with eggs)
• Purple Pickled Eggs
• 3 Ways to Flavor Egg Salad (guacamole, ranch, gyro)
• Zucchini and Herb Frittata
• Broccoli Quiche
• Vegetable Quiche with Gluten-Free Almond Flour Crust
• Shakshukah: Edible Mediterranean Sunshine
• Nutrient Dense Egg Nog – with lots of fun nerdy history
Other things to do with eggs
Thank you for joining me on my journey through the lovely world of eggs. I hope this might inspire you to eat more quality eggs.
(Header image by Steve A Johnson.)
[shareaholic app="share_buttons" id="242634"] [shareaholic app="recommendations" id="14114887"]
STANDARD FTC DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Please note that I only ever endorse products that are in alignment with my ideals and that I believe would be of value to my readers.